Please note that selection will be done at County level so please allow any of the young people in your charge to apply. Leaders, Line Managers and District Commissioners have the opportunity of endorsing an application or not but please do return all applications.
Leader selection days
- Sunday 21st June 2009 - Denmead Scout HQ
- Sunday 5th July 2009 - Aldershot Runways End
Applications must be in by 29th May 2009
Participants selection weekend
- Friday 30th October to Sunday 1st November 2009 - Wickham Lyons Copse
Applications must be in by 30th September 2009
We are looking for participants who will benefit most from this once-in-a-lifetime experience, as well as team players and leaders. The Jamboree is not a reward, or a prize for the brightest, fittest, and best Scout, and it’s important to think of it as a development experience for young people.
For Leaders, we are looking for adults who will help the young people get the most out of the experience – as well as the qualities described above for participants.
Our young people, including ex Jamboree participants as well as Leaders including ex Jamboree Leaders will be closely involved in the actual selection.
We aim to provide a County support team for the Units to supply support from administration to camp set-up and cooking to selection of Unit Leaders and participants. This team will be hand picked by the County ACC management for Jamboree support.
- Paul Shutt, ACC Explorer Scouts - Team Leader, responsible for selection venues and selection programme
- Adam Jollans. ACC International - International support and selection Team & Leadership Challenges.
- Ray Noice, CSNC - Promotion and Admin support backed by the County Office team
If you are interested in joining JUST (Jamboree Unit Support Team), please do get in touch.
If you have any questions, or would like an informal discussion about the roles, please contact Paul Shutt - T: 077 0628 1181 E: email@example.com