Tuesday, May 12, 2009
International : World Jamboree 2011
The International Commissioner is pleased to announce that, following a competitive interview process, the National Management Committee have approved the appointment of John F Lawlor as the Scouting Ireland Contingent Leader for the 22nd World Scout Jamboree. He will now work with the International Commissioner to appoint a Contingent Team.
An announcement regarding applications for Participants and International Service Team will be made shortly. The criteria for the positions are set out below.
The 22nd World Scout Jamboree will be held near Kristianstad in Sweden between 27th July and 7th August, 2011. Irish Scouts have taken part in every WSJ and will be in Sweden too!
To register your interest to become a member of the contingent you should e-mail your name, Group and date of birth to email@example.com
- The above criteria are guidelines designed to enable all participants to have an
enjoyable experience on a World Scout Jamboree.
- Scouters should support and encourage youth participants to reach the criteria.
- Youth participants and IST may find attendance on Sionnach / MPC’s / PEAK,
Explorer Belt or a Jamboree to be of great assistance.
- Scouters applying for UL or CL may find attendance and / or staffing on a
Provincial or National event to be of great assistance to them.
- The official WOSM term Unit Leader as been referred to as Troop Leader in the